A joint initiative of the University Writing Center and the Graduate Student Association, the Annual Summer Dissertation Boot Camp at CUA is designed as a unique opportunity for Ph.D. candidates to make progress on their work, to build community with fellow dissertators, and to reflect on productivity and long-term project goals.
What we provide:
- A quiet space and a week to work
- A proven daily writing schedule
- A community of peer scholars
- Lunch talks with guest speakers
- An optimistic, motivating atmosphere
- Discussion of work habits and productivity skills
- Writing Center consultations and advice as needed
- Caffeine and breakfast daily
- Travel/Housing for non-residential students
Last year's attendees rave:
"It really really helped me... I continue to use the skills learned during boot camp."
"I made significant progress on my dissertation during the boot camp."
Attendees will be asked to pay a $50 deposit ($100 for those accepting housing); deposits will be refunded upon completion of the boot camp. Information about deposits will be sent to successful applicants.
For questions and inquiries about next year's camp, please email the Writing Center Director, Dr. Kevin Rulo (firstname.lastname@example.org).