York Cycle of Mystery Plays:
Reviews and Articles
Created and maintained by Steve
What follows is a list of articles and reviews pertaining to the performance of the York Cycle of Mystery
Plays in Toronto, Ontario, on 20 June 1998. If you know of other materials or sites suitable
for inclusion in this list, please send the details to the site manager.
- Michael Barbour and Susan Barbour, "The York Nativity and The
Shepherds," Research Opportunities in Renaissance Drama, 38 (1999), 127-30..
- Ralph Blasting, "The Building of the Ark, The Flood (York)," Research
Opportunities in Renaissance Drama, 38 (1999), 133-34.
- Joel Kaplan, "Staging the York Creation and Hortulanus, Toronto 1998,"
Medieval English Theatre, 19 (1997), 129-43 (with seven illustrations).
- Megan Lloyd, "Reflections of a York Survivor: The York Cycle and Its Audience,"
Research Opportunities in Renaissance Drama, 39 (2000), 223-35, with numerous
accompanying photos at the RORD
maintained by Peter Greenfield.
- Barbara Palmer, David Bevington, Garrett P. J. Epp, Ralph Blasting, David Mills, Peter
Meredith, "The York Cycle in Performance: Toronto and York," Early Theatre, 1 (1998).
- Bob Potter, "The York Plays: University of Toronto, 20 June 1998," Medieval English
Theatre, 19 (1997), 121-28.
- Kristina Rutledge, "The York Cycle--Slaughter of the Innocents," Research
Opportunities in Renaissance Drama, 38 (1999), 130-33.
- Kimberly Yates, "The York Work of the Five Days, Research Opportunities in
Renaissance Drama, 38 (1999), 115-26.
- The York Cycle Then and Now: Special Issue of Early Theatre, Volume 3
- Alexandra Johnston, "Introduction"
- Peter Meredith, "The City of York and its 'Play of Pageants'"
- Eileen White, "Places to Hear the Play in York"
- John McKinnell, "The Medieval Pageant Wagons at York: Their Orientation and Height"
- Margaret Rogerson, "Raging in the Streets of Medieval York"
- Ralph Blasting, "The Pageant Wagon as Iconic Site in the York Cycle"
- Martin Walsh, "High Places and Travelling Scenes: Some Observations on the Staging of the
- Pamela King, "Seeing and Hearing: Listening and Looking"
- Richard Beadle, "Verbal Texture and Wordplay in the York Cycle"
- Alexandra Johnston, "'His Language Is Lorne' (31/190): The Silent Centre of the York
- Directors' Notes
- Jennifer Parr (Pageant 1)
- Garrett P. J. Epp (Pageant 5)
- Michael and Susan Barbour (Pageants 14-15)
- Roland Reed (Pageant 19)
- Jonathan Herold (Pageant 33)
- Karen Sawyer (Pageant 38)
- Gwen Waltz (Pageant 41)
- Terri cain (Pageant 42)
- Stephen Johnson (Pageant 47)
- Joel Kaplan, "Overview of the York Cycle Performance"
This page was last updated on 27 May 2000.
Return to Main Page