How to Apply
Prospective English graduate students may apply online. In addition to the completed application form and fee, graduate applications should include the following materials:
- A personal statement detailing plans for graduate study
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions of higher learning
- Verbal, quantitative and analytic GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample of 15-20 pages of critical prose, preferably in the applicant's prospective field of specialization.
The application deadline is February 1.
For questions regarding application procedures, contract the Office of Graduate Admissions by phone at 1-800-673-2772 or 202-319-5057, or by email at email@example.com. For course information, see the English Department's Complete Course Descriptions. For academic questions about the department or its graduate programs, contact Dr. Michael Mack, Director of Graduate Studies in English.